Live,Laugh,Love


About Entries BlogRoll Vendors CheckList ONLINE BIZ Contact DASHBOARD
Le Owner


Hi All~! My name is Syida.
A blogger since 2004. An Introvert.Here to share my stories. I hope you enjoy reading as much as I do writing it.
Daisypath Wedding tickers

Blog Categories


Blog Memories


Of the Arab Street

I have been wanting to blog about the Trip down to Arab Street but I just couldn't find the time. Although I am like dead tired right now due to the gym workout, I guess I need to write it down else I will forget about it.

Sometime last week, on the 3rd March to be precise, me and my fiancé head down to Arab Street. The purpose is to look for kain. It is part of the dulang hantaran. So before we go for our hunting, we decide to drop by Fika Restaurant to have our lunch. Well, it was our first time. We heard of the restaurant before but didn't really went down to explore it. I am not the adventurous kind of person when it comes to food, so the sound of Turkish Restaurant really doesn't attracts me. Maklumlah tekak orang Melayu. LOL!
I decided to be safe and ordered something which I know I will not have trouble eating which is the "Grilled Chicken" LOL! This is not safe..this is extremely safe. Ha Ha. 



The Fiancé took some beef dishes -so his is a pure Turkish Dish I assume, since he is more adventurous than me. Then I ordered some side dish, honestly I can't remember what it is, but when I know it includes raw fish, my appetite on the dish really dies off. Anyway, I find the food just fine. Not really use to eat Turkish food I suppose, that's why I feel it was just ok. 

Right after the lunch, we went for our hunting. The plan was to walk and survey the kain first. However, I ended up stopping at the 2nd shop. Because the service the lady gave us was superb, so we ended up asking for more details and eventually buy it.  The Fiancé was not use to buy fabric for tailoring. So he ended up very blur and of coz the question come out can be funny though. Kakak tuh terkekek2 dengar soalan dier. The shopping experience we thought that gonna take us few hours ended very2 soon coz we bought everything at the 2nd shop. So I guess the pending part is to send the kain to tailors. 

Do you guys have any recommendation of a good tailor? 
post signature

Labels:

On March 19, 2014 at 9:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous wrote:

Hi there arab street kain memang lawa lawa.. kalau tak silap.. kedai kain ada tailoring jugak..

On March 20, 2014 at 8:26 PM, Blogger Syida Charmz wrote:

oh kedai kain ada tailoring jugak...sheesh..i didnt notice that haha...but thanks for the suggestion.Mayb I'll check it out one of these days =)

On March 21, 2014 at 8:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous wrote:

i would recommend lily boutique lily boutique which is located beside Joo Chiat Complex. Deret Hajah Maimunah restaurant. Or the other one will be SY Boutique which is at Tanjong Katong Complex. They have a lot of modern designs and they even tailor for artist. :) It's quite pricey it's worth the price.

On March 24, 2014 at 4:53 PM, Blogger shaf wrote:

for men you can try Salmah Manap.
for ladies you may ask Bewa/Emma/etc? or your bridal vendor might recommend a few. cuba tanya. usually ladies have quite a fair bit of options. i sent mine in JB, whose details ive forgotten at the time i typed this. hehee.

On March 24, 2014 at 5:30 PM, Blogger Syida Charmz wrote:

@Elibr - oh yes. I have heard about the SY Boutique. Ill check it out. Thanks for the suggestion!!

On March 24, 2014 at 5:31 PM, Blogger Syida Charmz wrote:

@Shafridah - Oh cool..I didnt know Salmah Manap do tailoring as well. Thanks you ladies...very helpful indeed!! <3

Post a Comment